How To Care For Your Flowers
As one of Cape Town’s best florists, we take certain steps to ensure that we only deliver top quality flower designs. We love supporting local farmers and wholesalers by buying local and seasonal flowers. When the flowers reach our emporium we keep them cool and well nourished until they are delivered to your doorstep. We put every effort into delivering blooms that are long-lived and beautiful.
After delivery the care of the flowers fall to you. There are certain easy steps you can take to keep the flowers healthy and enjoy their beauty for a longer period.
Maintain the Flowers Stems:
- A flower’s stem should always be cut under water in order to avoid the flower loosing oxygen.
- Ensure that the water in the vase covers each stem.
- Place the flowers into a bleach solution to keep the flowers fresh. A solution of bleach, sugar and vinegar is recommended. Ensure that there is a teaspoon of each ingredient for every litre of water.
Remove the leaves:
- In order to keep your flowers fresh for long, take off any leaves that are covered by water in the vase.
- Replace the water every day to keep your flowers fresh. Ensure to trim the stems each time you change the water.
- Flowers should always be kept out of direct sunlight and away from sources of direct heat.
Transportation of Flowers:
- When flowers have been transported, immediately ensure that the stems are cut and the flowers are placed in boiling water for 10 seconds, before placing the flowers in cool water. Cut flowers absorb warm water more easily than cold water. Placing flowers in boiling water after transportation assists with the opening of the flower bud.